Bathroom remodeling costs can vary depending on several factors, including the size of your bathroom, the current condition of the bathroom, and what type of renovations you aim for. A Forbes article explained that average bathroom remodeling would cost around $10,000 while some conservative sources estimate it to be around $6,000 to $16,000. But don’t get too overwhelmed and anxious with these figures. Because, when you are aware of how much would bathroom remodel cost, you can manage your finances better and you start your project financially prepared even for the uncertain.
Common Expenses Needed for Bathroom Remodeling
Bathroom remodeling is a popular upgrade for many homeowners because it increases the value of your home and provides you with a beautiful space to rest after a long day. But, you should also be aware of the costs involved in bathroom remodeling before jumping into this project. Here’s an overview of some common expenses that you may encounter during your bathroom remodeling project:
- Shower or tub installation- Costs $500 to $5,000
- Tile and flooring materials- Costs $45 to $200
- Toilet installation or replacement- $80 to $5,000
- Wall works and repainting – $30 to $60
- Plumbing works (plumbing fixtures like sinks and faucets)- $250 to $1,500
- Installation of cabinets and drawers- $270 to $400
How to Save Money on Bathroom Remodeling
A chunk of your remodeling budget goes to materials, so if you want to save money on bathroom remodeling, it’s ideal to start reconsidering your choice of bathroom materials costs. Here are some ways you can save money when doing a bathroom remodel project.
1. One way to cut costs is by checking out local DIY stores for materials. Certain items may be available at a lower price than those in big box retailers or home improvement stores.
2. Another money-saving tip is to hire a contractor who is willing to work within your budget and will guide you through the process of creating an affordable design that works well for your bathroom.
3. Finally, ask a professional to evaluate your bathroom for items that you can refurbish instead of rebuilding from scratch. This will help you significantly lower costs and reduce the time allocated for demolition and construction.
The Final Cost of Your Bathroom Remodel Depends on Your Design Goal
How much would a bathroom remodel costs is affected by the factors mentioned above. But the biggest difference-maker is your choice of contractor and how they will bring your bathroom design idea into life. It’s crucial that you hire the right contractor who will take their time to plan the remodel, listen to your needs, and throw out their best suggestions on how to efficiently execute the remodeling project.
For a reliable bathroom remodeling service, work only with the bathroom experts from 215Mercury. We’ll make your budget work for you so you can have your dream bathroom. Talk to us now and let’s discuss your requirements.